Nomans Island

The island was owned by a Joshua Crane in the 1920s. He claimed that late one afternoon in November 1926, as the setting sun was settling low on the horizon, he spotted some strange lettering on a large black rock by the water's edge. Even then, the rock was submerged except at extreme low tide. The strange marks cut into the stone were indecipherable to him.

Supposedly, it had been noted in a diary entry made by a Mrs. Wood, her husband, Captain Wood, had stumbled onto the same strange rock about a year earlier. Captain Wood was not skilled in writing and was caretaker of the island for Mr. Crane.
NoMansLand_MA_71.jpg

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License